Click here to enter Grammy Nominee
Lisa Haley's Official Website
Songs, photos, tour dates, news, contact info,
CD purchase, bio, merchandise, press and more
Listen (for fans)
Listen (for NARAS voting members)
Buy 'Joy Ride' now at CD Baby
Buy 'Joy Ride' now at Amazon
Grammy Nominee Lisa Haley has released
her new 8th album, 'Joy Ride.' An exciting
mix of Americana, Roots Country, Folk, and Zydeco-Cajun,
the CD features "Speechless Love," "More Than Anything,"
and "Who's Your Crawdaddy."
'Joy Ride' has already charted at #2 on Cashbox's Zydeco Roots Music Report and at #47 on the Folk DJ Chart.
Produced by Grammy Award winner
Wendy Waldman, Lisa brings down the walls of Cajun-Zydeco
convention with her Spirit-filled, healing combination of
finesse and bombardment, sure to rewrite audience perception,
make us laugh, cry... and above all, DANCE!
Since beginning in 1995, Hawthorne,
CA's Lisa Haley & the Zydekats are hands-down
the world's most beloved and joyful Americana-Cajun-Zydeco
Lisa's adventuresome attitude
together with her blue violin and soaring, compelling 'cornbread'
voice endear this fourth-generation fiddler, dancer, vocalist,
and songwriter to all ages.
Her 2008 Grammy-nominated
CD 'King Cake' and 2011's 'Absolutely Live!' charted
on Billboard. And Lisa counts Keb'Mo' and Little Richard
among her fans.
'Joy Ride' promises to take the genre to new heights
and includes heartfelt performances by guest artists including:
• Leland Sklar, bass (Phil Collins, James Taylor)
• Eric Rigler, Uilliann Pipes (Titanic and Braveheart
• Matt Rollings, piano (Paul McCartney, Mary Chapin
• Bryan Head, drums (Supertramp, Luis Miguel, Neil
Her original tunes and Louisiana Bayou, French Celtic,
R&B and Jazz rhythms have represented Zydeco for the Grammy
Museum, Hollywood Bowl Summersounds, Sir George Martin's
(The Beatles' producer) 'Rhythm of Life,' and festivals in over
Prepare to catch 'Zydecosis!'
More About Lisa
• Has worked with Randy Newman, Lyle Lovett, Taj Mahal
• Music director for Emmy Award-winning 'Late Mr. Pete Show'
• Featured In films 'Beverly Hillbillies,' 'Man In
the Moon,' 'Rhythm of Life', 'Red Dragon,' and with Little
Richard on NBC-TVís 'Las Vegas' (Mardi Gras episode)
• Tours throughout the US, Canada, the Netherlands,
Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Belgium, Spain, Portugal,
Azores, UK, France, Denmark, Finland, and Borneo
• Lisa was the protege of legendary Cajun accordionist Joe Simien
Lisa Haley & the Zydekats
• Lisa Haley, violin for Brian Setzer / John Hiatt / Queen Ida
• Gigi "Gee" Rabe, accordion for Micky Dolenz (Monkees) / Never Shout Never
• Todd Robinson, guitar for Luis Miguel / Tim Weisberg / Etta James
• Andy Anders, bassist for Louisiana music legend Joe Simien / Joe Daly
• Chris Ross, drummer for Kenny Loggins / Mick Taylor / Bonnie Bramlet
Read more at www.lisahaley.com
Full Press Release
'The Violin Queen! Joyful, exotic - a Pop approach to Louisiana Zydeco...a la the bluesy moans of Janis Joplin."
- Michael Lucas, Los Angeles Times
'Enormous fun... makes people
want to get up and enjoy!'
- Sir George Martin (The Beatles' producer) in BBC documentary 'The Rhythm of Life'
'Lisa has the Spirit in her big time. Her music just plain grabs you and takes you over. The most joyful Americana/Cajun/Zydeco act on tour today!'
- Keb'Mo', multi-Grammy Award winner, co-producer of Lisa's 'Talking to the Sun' album on Ryko/Warner
Booking and Radio Contact:
Andy Anders - Blue Fiddle Productions
Publishing : BMG/Chrysalis
Endorsers : Barcus Berry, David
Gage Pickups, Fender/SWR, Yamaha, Peavey, Korg, Thomastik,
JBL, Shure, Hohner, QSC, DW, Paiste, ProCo, ProTec
Mentorship / Artist-In-Residence
Cajun/Zydeco arrangements for young orchestras
Full curriculum for Louisiana Music and Culture K-12.
Bottom photo : Big Noise's Al Gomes and A. Michelle
with Lisa Haley during the 52nd Annual Grammy Awards week in Los Angeles, CA
Home >> Artists A-Z >> Lisa Haley
Find by Genre >> World Music >> Lisa Haley