Click here to enter Official Website
Songs, photos, tour dates, news, contact info,
CD purchase, bio, merchandise, press and more
Markos Tegui / SUGO Music Group
all of his music now at Billboard Music Store
all of his music now at iHeartRadio
Buy 'Royal Arch Poet' now at iTunes
'Who Is Markos Tegui?' now at Amazon
Buy 'Time Traveler' now at iTunes
Official MTV Artist Page
Watch the video for 'Life's A Movie'
Watch the video for 'Nights Alone'
Give a creative, but accurate one-sentence description
of your music: A diverse sound of hip hop music, expressing the
various technics of writing and reciting lyrics, from hardcore rap to
fun loving or meaningful songs.
Finish the sentence: Someone will like my
music if they like...multiple styles of hip hop from underground to
commercial industry rap, pop and dubstep too.
Key career highlights:
• Opening up for headliners like Too Short, Funk Dubious,
and Dialated Peoples
• Hundreds of house party freestyles and hosting appearances
• Taking 3rd place at a Rap Battle when I was 14 years
• Organizing hip hop events throughout San Diego,
uniting the local scene
• Joining a rap group Circl Empire at 13 years old
- notorious for freestyle rap
• At 18, buying a mic and digital recorder and began
engineering myself and friends
• My first performance, breakdancing in a 3rd grade
• Recently assisting and ghost-writing for a female
pop and R&B artist
• Releasing my 1st CD '1 Mic and 2 Speakers' in 2006
• Featured on many CDs, mixtapes and compilations
that are currently released
• Asked to feature on the mixtape 'Rotations Volume #1'
• Markos Tegui and Godson produced a Remix version
of '99 Bottles of Beer' along with 'Sweat' for the group
Anything but Monday (featuring Markos), giving the ABM girls
an upper hand on the charts! Both tracks made it to #1 in
less than a week after they each were placed in worldwide
Record Pools. Read
• My CD 'Time Traveler' was placed on the Official Ballot by The Recording Academy in several categories in 2013
How and when you started making music: Got
into break dancing at 7 years old. Hip Hop became my cultural
activity. Began dreaming of being on stage singing at a huge Colosseum.
Beat boxing at 10 for rap cyphers, then finally getting the courage to
rap freestyle at 11 years old. From there, I began doing hip hop and rap
everyday from freestyling to songwriting, recording and engineering, to
producing beats. At 18, change alias from Shinobi to Decimal, buying a mic and
digital recorder and began engineering myself and friends.
What makes your music different? I base most
of my songs on real-life experiences. I sing various rap techniques with
multiple voices. I have no particular sound, I could rap dirty south,
east coast, west coast gangster, techno, electro,pop and conscience hip
hop, you name it.
Convince me to see your next show: It's a
wild, crazy and fun hip hop event. I put on a very dynamic performance
with an outgoing and enthusiastic personality. A spontaneously, intense
and memorable experience.
Why is it important for you to connect with music fans
and what do you have to offer them as an artist? Because music
is an outlet and a way out from certain mishaps in life. I feel like I
could touch the crowd and steer some sort of guidance upon people. I
also want people to socialize and have fun, and music can help that
become reality. The feeling of such support from fans is a sensation
next to the feeling of bliss. May success be attainable. I'm currently working with many artists like Fransing to bring more musical joy to the world!
Home >> Artists
A-Z >> Markos Tegui